Saturday, August 7, 2010

August Rain

I wrote this about three years ago,on a very wet and rainy day in march. Spring seemed a long time coming, I was babysitting kids that didn't really need me in really dirty house and I was in a bad mood. And then creativity hit me! or maybe I was so bored I just started to write and ended up with this.

Anyways, it was originally titled Springtime, but after today, I'm thinking of changing the title to August Rain.... or something like that.



Constant is the rain,
sinking my spirits down
into the muddy ground
like a limp leaf.

Looming are the clouds,
colorless and steady,
promising a future of
wetness and cold.

Dark are my thoughts,
ready to murder anyone
who says a sunny word
to me.

Dead is the sibling,
the one that disregarded
his sisters warning.


Don't worry. A run in the rain and a nice cup of tea afterwords cheered me up :)

No comments:

Post a Comment